Páginas

viernes, 21 de enero de 2011

Texas, a landscape I don't know




My sister once sent me a picture of her window view, a wonderful sunset in College Station, Texas. The sunlight painted many colours in the sky and the buildings looked almost black. When I saw it, I just thought how beautiful it was and I felt this special need for painting it.

But what does it mean? It means that I have been captured by the beauty of the colours, by the silouets and strong shadows, but also, in this particular case it means that I wish I was there with my sister to contemplate it.

The photograph that I first saw, provoked me a feeling of longing and I though it was a very nostalgic landscape, then, after I worked on layers and layers of vibrant colours I'm not very sure about that feeling any more, I rather think on the sky by itself as a big blanket that is obove us all and of course it includes my sister and me.

So this pastel painting is for her.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario